Thursday, April 2, 2009

What Christ has done for me

In Ether 1-9, we see the many things that the Lord did for the brother of Jared and his family and friends, and also for those who were righteous, or those that repented and came unto Him. Even when the people were caught up in secret combinations, when they repented the Lord still bestowed His mercy upon them. We are not nearly so wicked as this, so why is it that people can't repent, or feel that they can't for lesser sins? Granted, just because they are lesser doesn't mean that they shouldn't repent, but people are sometimes too hard on themselves. The Lord has already paid the price for our sins so that we don't have to; we have only to access the magnificent power of Christ's atonement and repent of our sins so that we may live with Him and our Heavenly Father again. If the people in the secret combinations could be forgiven, then why can't we? They killed prophets and kings for personal glory and satisfaction, yet when they humbled themselves before the Lord, He was gracious to them. This is not the first week where I have seen the great love that the Lord has for us. He wants us to live with Him again so much, and we should want to be with Him too. I think that this class, by making me actually read my scriptures, has brought some things into light that I've never really thought of before. These chapters are a testament of Him because they shows many examples of His love and mercy, the very things that the Bible also outlines. Both works are consistent with each other in every aspect, so how could the Bible be true and the Book of Mormon not be true? It just can't happen like that. Either they are both true, or neither of them are. I am grateful for this class, for I have found things in the scriptures that I have never reaized before. I feel my Savior's love for me in these scriptures, and I hope that everyone else that reads them can too.

No comments: