Friday, October 3, 2008

Metacognition and Survey

I went on Blackboard and couldn't find the metacognition powerpoint on there, so I didn't get to review it. What I do remember about it is that metacognition is thinking about thinking. I think I've heard of the concept before, but I don't think I've ever actually thought about thinking before. When I looked up metacognition on Wikipedia.com, it said: "Being engaged in metacognition is a salient feature of good self-regulated learners." So, practicing metacognition is something that a disciple scholar should do. Metacognition will help me memorize things for school, but I need to practice it to discipline my mind like a good disciple scholar.



I also did the survey that we were supposed to do. I didn't really learn a lot; I just had reinforced to myself the fact that I need to become a better disciple scholar. I'm also spending too much free time playing rather than studying, and that my grades might suffer for it. I need to stop procrastinating, but it's a hard habit to break. Hopefully as the year goes on I will be able to stop this bad habit.

No comments: