Thursday, February 26, 2009

Project 10 and the Influences and Testimonies of My Peers

For this project I read some of my fellow classmate's responses. It was great to see the testimonies of my peers, and to know that I am not the only one who struggles with my faith. You can tell from a lot of their responses that they are good, faithful members of the church, and they are good examples for me. One of the entries reminded me not to judge people. I have had a problem with this for a long time, as I'm sure many other people have, and I am trying to make a new goal to except people for their quirks, because I know I have mine and people are still able to tolerate me. I was reminded to encourage young men to remain worthy to hold the priesthood so that they may serve a mission. I was also reminded of the power of fasting, something that I haven't really thought of in a while, but I was able to remember the testimony I have of its power. I think it's a good idea to read the projects of the other students; we get to read the testimonies of people our own age. Although we are taught to trust and believe in the words of the prophets and apostles, it is always great to hear the testimonies or our peers, for they are the people that are more on the same maturity level as we are. I can learn from the other students, and if I have an open heart, my testimony should be able to be strengthened through theirs. I am grateful for the good comments I get to hear in my class, and I know that some, if not all, of the guys in there are going to be great missionaries. I was reminded of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ's love for us, and I hope that I will be able to live with Them again.

No comments: